Spring is traditionally associated as a time to Cleanse and Renew. New growth has begun, the buds are blossoming, and it seems as if the earth has awoken. I like to think of the seasons as a continual flow from one to another, each with a purpose and message to follow. Spring is a time of renewal, bringing vitality and energy back into the world and our bodies. If used appropriately, this provides our body with the stamina for the heat of summer and seasonal celebrations. The cool change of autumn allows us to recover and prepares us for winter where we nourish and restock before the cycle begins again.
This means that each year we get a chance to revive and rejuvenate our bodies with a cleansing program that promotes health and vitality. Let's face it, it's easy to fall out of sync. Too much work and not enough down time eventually takes its toll on all of us. If you feel that the demands of daily life and modern living are weighing you then join us this spring for our 21-day Vitality Detox Program.
It is important that we support all the prime organ systems in the body when cleansing to ensure elimination of toxic substances from our organ tissues and fat cells. This means that there are a few health conditions where cleansing may not be appropriate.
These include; pregnancy and breast-feeding mums, young children, those with chronic kidney and liver disease, during chemotherapy and active cancer treatment, insulin dependent diabetes, and anyone who is currently prescribed multi-drug therapy.
Detoxification isn't something we only do now and then. It's a process that is happening in the body on an ongoing basis in order to minimise the damage from any harmful substances we encounter. The prime organs that we focus on during detoxification include; the kidneys, skin, liver, gut and bowel. Detoxification also relies on effective methylation processes that support clearance of toxic substances from our systems. Our bodies, especially our livers, use methylation to convert toxins into water-soluble compounds so they can be excreted. When these toxic waste products build up in our tissues, our risk for disease and serious health problems ramps up.
However, with all the environmental and dietary stressors we encounter today, it's possible for our natural detoxification mechanisms to become overwhelmed or backlogged, making us feel tired, sluggish and rundown. It is estimated that around 200 new chemicals are released every day into our environment. These chemicals are used in agriculture and farming, manufacturing, medical drugs and in the cosmetics industry (see EWG.org). We are drowning in a sea of chemicals that are rarely monitored for their impact on human health. We can therefore say that supporting detoxification is fundamental to our health and well-being.
Ten Steps to Safe Cleansing and Natural Detoxification
1. Eliminating obstacles to health. It is essential that we remove the onslaught of toxins that we are exposed to in our daily environment. Processed food contains chemicals and preservatives as well as unknown food sources that may contribute to the body's toxic burden. This means we really need to get serious about eating organic, seasonal and local foods.
2. Fibre is essential in binding toxins and ensuring they are eliminated from the body. If we are not eating enough fibre or adding fibre to our diets, our bodies will store endogenous and exogenous toxins in organ tissues and fat cells for safety. These toxins can end up damaging our reproductive system, vascular and endocrine system, creating all sorts of long-term health problems and disease.
3. Good Gut health relies on optimal digestion and assimilation of the food we eat. Eat in a relaxed and stress-free environment, chew your food well before swallowing.
4. Our bowels need to be working effectively to ensure elimination of toxic waste products. Dehydration, lack of fibre, stress and poor muscle tone may contribute to irregular bowel motions.
5. Keep your kidney's healthy with hydration - clean filtered water is the best way to keep your kidneys healthy. Two litres per day or more depending on your size and activity level is the way to go. Our kidneys also function better in an alkaline environment so ensure you are eating a wide variety of leafy green vegetables and low GI fruits as well as adding some lemon juice or alkalising formula to your water.
6. Liver health can be impacted by over consumption of many social habits such as alcohol, coffee and sugar intake. Medications such as prescribed and recreational drugs can impact detoxification processes that slow down clearance of other processes. Where possible we suggest cutting back or remove non-essential toxins during the program.
7. Sweating is essential for elimination of water-soluble toxins. Saunas and sweat rooms have been used as part of a health ritual by many cultures and should be used during your program.
8. Skin Health – it is essential that you remove all topical skincare and makeup that contains chemicals know to impact human health. The cosmetic industry is loaded with some of the most toxic chemicals produced today, with women and children being the most exposed. It is estimated that women absorb tons of chemicals over their lifetime as they overlook the many chemicals in skincare and makeup that include; Parabens, Phthalates, Triclosan, Formaldehyde, Toluene, SLE and SLES to name a few. There are no safe levels for any of these ingredients and whilst Europe has taken the lead to ban many, Australian has made no move to protect us by banning these ingredients.
9. Methylation is an essential part of detoxification and support with B vitamins is encouraged during your program. Gene testing can provide an insight into your personal health profile and indicate if methylation and detoxification support should be a part of your general health profile, both during and post your program.
10. Nourish and Restore - our program aims to use real food in conjunction with therapeutic nutritional and herbal support during your program. Whilst we aim to provide all our client with a personal prescription based on their requirements, our program contains 3 core products that support each organ system during the program.
Our 21 day Vitality Detox Program includes; Gut-detox support protein powder to be used once a day, meal plan and recipes, alkalising mineral formula and probiotic.
Total cost $199.00
Optimal Extras - body brush, detox herbal tea and prebiotic fibre support. Free skin health assessment and recommended Dermaviduals Skin Care Starter Kit.